Teachers rarely have time for themselves during the school year. The upcoming school break is a great opportunity to take time for yourself, your family, and other aspects of your life that are often neglected. Having some rest and recreation will allow you to go back to work with a greater sense of purpose. In this article, we will discuss why it is important to take time to relax over school breaks.
April 15, 2022
Mindfulness in Schools – Relaxation and Awareness
What is mindfulness? Mindfulness is a technique or practice of being aware of each moment and creating a relaxed state of mind. When applied in schools, mindfulness can increase children’s self-confidence and performance in class.
The goal is to become more aware of thoughts and feelings. You do this in a non-judgmental way, so instead of being overwhelmed, you’ll be able to manage them better. The technique also involves breathing exercises commonly used in meditation or yoga. If this sounds vague to you, read this article to gain a better understanding of mindfulness.
- Strengthening MTSS Tier One Behavioral Systems and Supports
- Reflecting on a Year of Reading
- Holiday Classroom Bulletin Board and Door Decorations
- The Easiest and Best Homemade Chicken and Noodle Recipe (and exactly what NOT to do for Math Instruction)
- 6 Ways to Support Social Emotional Learning at Home: Strategies for Caregivers