As I’ve pondered these points and worked with others creating plans for their schools, I have seen a lot of resources focused on trying to get back on track. Then today, I watched Becoming on Netflix and heard Michelle Obama speak about her transition to the White House. She was asked how she got her life back on track during or after the transition and she replied, “It’s not getting back on track, but it’s creating my next track.” Of course! For years, we have been talking about the paradigm shift from traditional to trauma informed or healing centered engagement. We have been training for this and studying it and it is time to go full force in creating that track. But, how? Here are 6 tips for a healing re-entry plan for schools.
- Strengthening MTSS Tier One Behavioral Systems and Supports
- Reflecting on a Year of Reading
- Holiday Classroom Bulletin Board and Door Decorations
- The Easiest and Best Homemade Chicken and Noodle Recipe (and exactly what NOT to do for Math Instruction)
- 6 Ways to Support Social Emotional Learning at Home: Strategies for Caregivers