Our virtual Staff Healing Solution Skills Groups are educational, supportive groups designed for building self-care skills. Our groups are modeled after the Mind-Body Skills Groups created by The Center’s Founder and Executive Director, James S. Gordon, MD, and the Senior Faculty of The Center for Mind-Body Medicine. To learn more about the Center of Mind Body Medicine, we encourage you to check out their website www.cmbm.org
This 5 week healing journey comes in the form of a highly supportive educational group led by advanced mind body medicine practitioner and social worker, Tiffany Creager, who will also act as a participant. This is not a therapy group, but is instead grounded in self-reflection, a sense of community, and the development of mind-body skills. The skills introduced will be presented in such a way that they can be easily integrated into your life in a real and practical way.
The following skills will be introduced and practiced in the group context.
- Meditation – Several different kinds, including concentrative, mindfulness, and expressive meditations – all of which promote relaxed, moment to moment awareness.
- Guided Imagery – To mobilize your imagination, to improve physiological functioning, and address concerns and problems that have previously resisted solutions.
- Autogenic training & Biofeedback – To develop control over autonomic system functioning, reduce stress, and bring mind and body into balance.
- Breath Work – Enhance your health through breath awareness
- Movement – To release stress and increase energy.
- Self expression – in words in journaling and drawing, to find solutions to previously insoluble problems
Group participation will require:
*A desire to connect with, relate to, and understand others and their unique experience, equal to your own
* A commitment to 5 weekly sessions lasting up to 2 hours each. Groups will take place virtually at an agreed upon time.
Because we have limited space, we ask that you commit to the above requirements and please complete the following application. Thank you for your interest, we look forward to learning more about you.
Any questions about this group specifically can be directed to Tiffany Creager [email protected]
Tiffany is a licensed social worker and advanced mind body medicine practitioner trained by the Center for Mind Body Medicine. She has worked as an early childhood education director, a school social worker, a director of school-based services for a community mental health center, and has provided clinical therapeutic services to youth, adults, and families. Tiffany has partnered with over twenty schools and youth and family serving agencies to provide professional development, mind body medicine skills groups, and supportive services. Her focus on healing centered engagement supports staff, students, and families alike in understanding the impact of stress, trauma, and adversity and working to heal individually and collectively. This work is foundational to student and staff success and well-being.